Sunday, December 13, 2009

Thank you girls for sending me off and Good morning vietnam!

Hey girls. Im safely in HCM. No final destination episode whatsoever so thank god for that. First impression of the airport, quite nice. Once again I picked the wrong queue to clear customs. Some of you should know what I mean by that. After that I limbered aimlessly out of the airport. Told myself to be firm and pick a right cab. Right meaning I dont get fleeced. Failed and had to settle for something that cost about 4SGD more.

Cab driver was friendly. TOO friendly infact. Taught me tons of vietnamese language but how many can I rem? He insist of me pronouncing it over and over again. Even gave me surprise quiz after some moment of oh too brief silence.. Its like his the teacher and Im ermmm the student. I doubt I even do that sorta thing in the capacity of a teacher.. zzz..

Was a boring night all in all. Very bored and hungry so went to crash at some bar/restaurants. I noticed few street hawkers or beggers approached me. Then the truth came out. The waitresses all thought I'm vietnamese.. -___-" I got that alot. I remember once when I was in bangkok, a singaporean came up to me and "sawadee kup" me and asked for directions.. When I was in Siem reap, the locals thought Im cambodian. When I'm in Poland, I got mistaken as Japanese.. Even the cab driver thought I was from Korea.. Too many looks. No one mentioned anything about Singapore so far.. ZZZ..

Im going to hit some musuems and pretend to be cultural soon. However I really am interested in war time issues so hope to get a blast today. Wish me lucks and did I mentioned though I didnt cried when you girls come to send me off, I am like ABIT touched lah.. The stunned looks of other travelers must be thinking that Im a pop star.. But wait.. Maybe I'm one?? LOL.

No comments: